Mitsubishi eX Plus
The industry’s best selling 5’ x 10’ CO2 is now even better; all the attractions of the eX, plus new features like faster operation and piercing.
Mitsubishi eX Plus Features
- Two Sizes Available – 5’ x 10’ x 4.5kw, or 6kw.
- Thin to Thick Edge Quality – superior edge, both with oxygen and nitrogen assist gas.
- Easy, Safe Access – wide, power-operated door provides convenient access to the cutting table for retrieving a tipped part and hand loaded short runs. Perfect for a lean environment.
- “Plus” Features – faster piercing, LED table lighting, new control features, and improved cut quality in poor quality material compared to the eX.
- Built to Last – cast frame, full sheet 1” capacity shuttle.
- “Diamond Path” – fixed beam length system ensures cut quality over the entire table.
- “Beam Optimizer” – automatically delivers the optimum raw beam size for the application.
- Mitsubishi 700 Series Control – graphical interface, USB compatibility.
- Magnetic Head – quick recovery after a crash.
- Mitsubishi’s Patented Cross Flow CO2 Resonator – low maintenance, no refurbs, great cut.
- Automation Ready – add a loader or tower, or combine in a dual line with a fiber.
|Resonator Style||Fiber||Mitsubishi Cross Flow||Other Fast Axial Flow CO2’s|
|Hi Speed Turbo Blower||no||no||yes (some have 2)|
|Laser Gas (per beam on hour)||.00 cfh||.11 cfh||.35 to 1.34 cfh|
|Helium (component of laser gas)||.00 cfh||.03 cfh||.21 to .88 cfh|
|Start Up (to full power)||< 1 minute||< 1 minute||15 to 20 minutes|
|Wavelength (longer = safer)||1.7 micron (dangerous)||10.6 micron (safe)||10.6 micron (safe)|
|Access to Workpiece||poor (full enclosure, roof)||good||good|
|Best Cutting Characteristic||speed||versatility, edge quality||versatlity, edge quality|
|Head Very Sensitive to Dust||yes||no||no|
|Resonator Built for Life?||no, diodes decay over time||yes, 25 yr old Mits resonators still in daily operation||some require replacement instead of refurbs|